"Never Say Die" . . . Living with Lung Cancer

A chronicle of my journey with lung cancer. I'll share what I feel and learn along the way ~ hoping it will help my fellow travelers make their way down this rocky road that no one wants to take.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's Short But it's Sweet . . .

Hi Guys! I have wonderful news for you today!

My oncologist informed me today that the tumors in my lung have shrunk considerably! And what's even better . . . there is now no lymph node involvement. I'm sure you can imagine how relieved I am. It's so wonderful to find out that the chemo is working and that I haven't been going through all this for nothing.

We're going to continue on with the same drugs for another three treatments and then re-evaluate at that time. Hopefully, there will be even more improvement then!

I have lots of phone calls to make so I'm sure you'll understand if this is a little short today. I promise to be back with you within the next few days.

I want to thank all of you for being there, for all your positive thoughts and prayers, and for caring. All of those things have made a tremendous difference and I appreciate you guys more than you will ever know. If I didn't have so many "earth angels", I'm sure things would be much different. Thank you so much!

Until next time . . . Always keep hope alive in your heart.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/10/2007, Blogger Peg Bastin said…

    Hi Linda,

    What wonderful news to start my day! I'm so happy for you and your family.

    Peg

     
  • At 1/10/2007, Blogger Linda said…

    Hi Peg,

    Thanks, Peg! It is a great way to start the year.

    Blessings . . .
    Linda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home